Sunday, March 25, 2012

Road Tunes 1

I'm going to regularly post even when I'm not traveling, so please stay tuned.  No pun intended.

My idea for this entry: I figured I could periodically update you guys with some potential tuneage for when you're off the rails. 

I feel I must give you some background.  Here goes:  I didn't get the opportunity to update my iPod before I left for Williamsburg and VA Beach.  Even I'm getting tired of some of the songs.  This is a well-known fact among my favorite people, and at work the other day, Megan offered to let me borrow her iPod for the trip.  What a friend, but I said no.  I felt bad.  Don't know why.  I was being stupid.  It happens.  Needless to say, I kicked myself in the ass for that decision all the way down I-81.  Not literally, though.  I was buckled in and wearing a dress.  More towards the beginning of my trip, I debated calling XM to renew my subscription, even made the decision to call.  But they were closed at 7:33AM, and I took it as a sign.  No XM; I wouldn't abandon my iPod.

Here's some songs I like to listen to over and over again.  Brad's a little tired of them, but I'm not tired of them...yet.  Note, I'm sure you'll be able to tell who I was thinking about on my ride home:

"Goin' Home" by Dan Auerbach


Figured this was an appropriate song to showcase today.  Sometimes, I get sad when my journey comes to an end (Felicia and I had a blast despite the rain), but I do miss my boys (Rex and Brad) whenever I'm away.  Please take note of the order I listed them. Love you, Brad. ;)

"Society" by Eddie Vedder


Christopher McCandless movie version reminds me a lot of my wonderful partner, Bradley.  Anyone get the Wheel of Fortune reference?  Hopefully, someone did.  I know Megan Reichart will.  Anywho, the Into the Wild soundtrack is great to listen to on the road, especially on the way to the mountains. I think I've listened to it a little too much with B-Rob, though.  He's Eddie Veddered out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment