Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lost: The Prequel


Once upon a time, when Megan and I came home from DC, we ended up in Maryland.   Maybe I have a problem. First step to recovery is admitting it, right? But awful spatial awareness isn't an addiction, or is it?  It, too, could all boil down to me just having the wrong parts.

Can I blame it on OnStar? Hell yes, I can blame it on OnStar.  Hopefully, karma doesn't bite me in the ass, but I honestly think they had us get off at the wrong ramp.  But before that even happened Megan and I were driving through the DC ghetto at like 2 o'clock in the morning.  For some weird reason, the directions wouldn't download. Trying to quell our anxieties, the OnStar representative asked if we wanted her to stay on the line.  We didn't.  We just wanted to get on the right effing road.  I never said that, though.  I just thought it. I bet Megan did, too. After all, they call us the twins for a reason and anyone who knows us realizes it's not because we look alike. I must also mention that Megan seemed to have a good time verbally abusing my inanimate car. Pretty entertaining stuff.  I should have recorded it for future entertainment or a friendly game of blackmail.

I was on "E" and couldn't find any gas stations during this whole diabolical. Did I spell that right? Anyways, thanks to Siri we eventually found Virginia and a gas station, but Megan wasn't allowed inside said gas station because the door was locked and there were bars on the only window.  Concession food style, an Indian man in a uniform slipped Megan a bottle of Aquafina through a small slot. A full tank of gas and $65 later, we drove off in a hurry hoping we wouldn't get shot.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. Stupid OnStar. If anything had happened to us while we were lost I was ready to sue.

    It should also be mentioned you're a saint for driving back that night while I was practically comatose from sleep deprivation in the passenger seat.

    ReplyDelete