Saturday, March 3, 2012

Me Not Being Stupid


Cool sign, huh?

So...I'm a modern woman. I'm updating this blog on my iPhone. Thanks, Brad Roberts for bring me into the 21st century.

Megan and I made it into DC just fine. It was rainy and foggy, but good coffee, a great friend, and a kickass new school/old school playlist made the drive not bearable but fun. Think O-Town meets Phantom Planet meets Lady Gaga meets Little Big Town. Epic. Along our 2-hour drive, we witnessed the aftermath of three separate accidents. Three was a bit of a theme tonight. It took us three tries around the Massachusetts Avenue roundabout to find the parking garage, but neither of us freaked out. Maybe it's a female thing because at that point there's several certain someones that I know who would have been less than pleased-all of who are men. *cough...you know who you are...cough, cough.*

So, let's discuss the first character I encountered. Unfortunately, Megan missed it because she was standing guard with our stuff. Of course, I was off by myself. May have done that in the parking garage, too. But that's neither here nor there. So, anyways, this lady calls me over to her, 30-something with a low stubby ponytail. She's wearing a long black coat, and she is swimming in a sea of luggage in a dark corner near a neglected baggage claim.

Stranger: Are you spending the night here?
Me: No.
Stranger: Are you meeting a friend?
Me: No.
Stranger: Where are you going?
Me: NYC
Stranger: Is that going through Philly?
Me: I believe so, yes.
Stranger: I have a weird question for you.

[Note to self: Scowl more, smile less.]

Me: Silence.
Stranger: You see, I was supposed to check this bag, but now they won't let me. Would you carry it on the train with you and drop it off at the Philly station. You see, I'm disabled and can't carry it.

[It was a black duffel bag...big enough to fit a body chopped into a bunch of small pieces or a shitton of coke, and I don't mean the cola kind.]

Me: I'm sorry. I don't feel comfortable doing that. Maybe you should talk to the Amtrak Police.
Stranger: They said they can't help me.
Me: I'm sorry. I just don't feel comfortable carrying your luggage.
Stranger: Fine.

The only thing she was missing was candy, a van, and some chest hair.

Hopefully, she wasn't the second coming of Christ. With this cold, rainy weather, I might enjoy some warm weather. Haha. Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment