Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Three Hour Tour

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from Shem Creek
Aboard this tiny kayak.

The non-existent mate we'll pretend was a mighty sailing man,
The tour guide brave and sure. 
Seven passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny kayak was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The dolphins would be lost, the dolphins would be lost.
(Work with me here...it took us a while to find them)

The kayak set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle
With Aimee
The Skipper too (His name was Kevin),
The Asian man and his wife,
A movie star?  Nope.
A professor? Nope, as well.
But Rachel Ann was there,
Here on Birdy Isle.
^Like a thousand birds

So this is the tale of the castaways,
They're here for a long, long time,
They'll have to make the best of things,
It's an uphill climb...
Note: paddling against the current with the winds blowing you in the opposite direction that you want to go is most definitely "uphill" in my opinion.  Just sayin'

Nature Adventures Outfitters and Kevin too,
Did their very best,
To make the others comfortable,
In the Mt. Pleasant island nest.

No iPhones, no lights, no motor cars,
Not a single luxury (excluding digital cameras),
Like Robinson Crusoe,
As primitive as can be.

So join us here each week my friends,
You're sure to get a smile,
From eight or so stranded castaways,
Here on "Birdy Isle."

Yes, I really just did that.  Now here some pictures to accompany my remix of the Gilligan's Island theme song.  :)

But before you see those, I would like to announce that item number 8 (Swim with Dolphins) has been crossed off my Bucket List!  Because of a recent enlightenment thanks to a documentary called The Cove, I refuse to swim with dolphins in the typical tourist fashion.  In my eyes, my sea-kayaking most definitely counts.  To understand more about why I feel the way I do, please click here.



    






No comments:

Post a Comment