Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's a Bug's Life (With a Special Appearance by a Gecko)

Peace, love, harmony, and Karma.  Four words, four very important concepts to live by.  

While Googling some quotes earlier today, I came across one that I found particularly fitting: "I never kill insects. If I see ants or spiders in the room, I pick them up and take them outside. Karma is everything."

It's true.  Karma is everything.  

Also, I like to think that I have an affinity for all things nature-related including creepy crawlies.  I mean, seriously, I can't even tell you how many times I nearly drowned a bee trying to save him from the icy depths of unheated swimming pools in suburban neighborhoods across the east coast.  You do what you can, right? 

Some people say, the more the merrier.  But, today, I'll say the more legs the merrier.  I particularly like spiders, but I'm not a fire ant's biggest fan, especially after the awful sting I got in a Rita's Water Ice parking lot in Summerville, SC. It still stings. 

That negative bug experience, however, still doesn't taint my opinion of creepy crawlies.  I will never intentionally kill anything unless, say, it's trying to kill me.  With that being said, I didn't freak out about butterflies landing on my arms or the geckos slinking around the Cypress Garden grounds.  Instead, I whipped out my camera.

Especially when I heard the words "thousands of bees" and "fresh swamp honey."





No comments:

Post a Comment