Monday, January 7, 2013

Pizza & Beer


I love food. And I love pairing food with yummy drinks. 
  1. Coffee and a muffin. 
  2. French fries dipped in milkshake. 
  3. Wine and cheese.
  4. Cereal with Silk. 
  5. Pizza and beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my opinion, those are five of the most epic food/drink pairings in the history of human sustenance. And after meeting a representative from Oskar Blues Brewery at the job fair, I craved option #5: pizza and beer. 

When I got home on Friday, I went on the search for Dale's Pale Ale, Oskar Blues' claim to fame. Thanks to the brilliant people at Oskar Blues, they have a handy dandy beer locator on their website. Check it out here. I stopped at Campus Corner first. They were out. 

I went to Midtowne Market next, and I saw a great omen in the window:


I grabbed a six-pack of Dale's Pale Ale and headed to work. Luckily, I moonlight at an Italian restaurant that makes excellent pizza. Just check out the reviews. So, around 8:30PM, when I finally got off work, I came home to enjoy a medium pepperoni and sausage pizza, and a beer or two. :)  

Most. epic. combination. ever. 

Dale's Pale Ale is a bold beer with a beautiful hoppy finish that goes down nice and sweet. It complimented the slightly spicy toppings on my ooey gooey cheese pizza perfectly. Needless to say, I know what's for dinner next Friday, and the Friday after that, and the Friday after that. And...the Friday after that. And maybe a Saturday and Wednesday here or there, too.


P.S. Most awesome thing about a great canned beer? It's easy to transport in a backpack. Needless to say, I know what I'll be drinking with my Ramen noodles during Brad and I's next backpacking trip. 

Go out buy some Oskar Blues! I already know some who have, and they've been very HOPPY with their purchase. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment