Sunday, November 4, 2012

Research?

When research is a trip to West Virginia, I'm not going to complain.

Last Saturday, I went to Kayford Mountain in West Virginia to see the effects of Mountaintop Removal Mining. But Mother Nature had something different in store for me. Because of a dense layer of fog, I could only imagine the devastation. I couldn't see it.

So, I am writing this paper about Mountaintop Removal Mining for my Legal Writing class. I'm not sure what angle I'm going to take on the paper yet. I'm talking about how storytelling motivates policy change, but because of the timing, and the mood of the weather, I might take a spooky/Halloween-esque approach.

Like mountaintop removal mining as the environment's Horror Story. Dun, dun, dun. I don't know. It's a thought...

What I know is this: I did a looooooot of trespassing on private property (e.g. coal mines) last weekend. And I'm very, very, VERY lucky, I didn't get arrested. :) I'd like to think Mother Nature had my back, 'cause she did.

Here are some pics. I'm sorry I'm not going into too much detail. Think of it as a cliffhanger. It's like when the audience knows the killer is behind the door, but the main character doesn't. Okay, maybe I'm stretching. But still.




No comments:

Post a Comment