Sunday, November 4, 2012

Music with Mosby

On Sunday, October 28th, I attended the Music with Mosby event at Barren Ridge Vineyards in Fishersville, VA.


The wine was delicious, but the cause was better: creating better lives for our four-legged canine friends.

The event, complete with great music, great food, great wine, and great costumes (for dogs), was a fundraiser for The Mosby Foundation

Though I loved the wine, the costume contest was my favorite. If you look real hard, you can see a witch, a pumpkin, a banana, and a Milkbone. There was also a prisoner, a cowboy, a gargoyle, and more. 


Warning, these photos aren't my best because SURPRISE! dogs tend to move a lot when you try to take their picture. 


Check out that cute little devil!


And this good witch!


I mean, it's all fun and games until somebody puts a pug in a bikini top and a tu-tu...

All jokes aside, The Mosby Foundation arose from a most awful tragedy--the senseless shooting of a family pet: Mosby. In honor of Mosby, Mosby's human mom started an organization that raises funds to help in the care of sick, abused, and neglected dogs.




I worked with Mosby's human dad at the JMU Math Department when I was an undergrad, and hearing his family's story broke my heart. As a bleeding heart animal-loving tree-hugger, I can't imagine why anyone would senselessly murder such a sweet animal. But those type of people do exist. 

That same type of person bound a malnourished four-week old puppy to a hotel balcony in the middle of the winter--Rex. Brad and I are so lucky to have been able to bring Rex into our little family. But there are many Rex's in this world that we cannot help, which is why The Mosby Foundation is such a great organization. 

Thank you, Mosby Foundation, for all that you do! Readers, if you're interested in donating, check out their website

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Aimee! The Mosby Foundation appreciates your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete