Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lucky Dog Bark and Brew

Whoever thought of combining a dog park with a bar is brilliant. Straight-up brilliant.

Here we are, on our way:


Sadly, Rex plays as well with other dogs as Brad plays with other people. I guess socially awkward runs in the family? But the whole dog bar thing really is an excellent concept that caters to *most* people. Those people being people like my friends: Christy, Shawn, and Rachel.

In Cornelious, NC (near Christy's house) there is the Lucky Dog Bark and Brew. Because North Carolina doesn't have a 51/49 rule, bars in NC don't have to serve food, which means, they can expand their clientele to the four-legged canine kind. AWESOME, right?? I think so.

I mean, I love dogs. And I love beer. Plus, what kind of cranky customer is going to bring their dog to play with other dogs? NONE, so you get a bar full of happy, laid-back dog people and their equally fun dogs. I met a Great Dane, a Boxer, and a Chihuahua-mix I was particularly fond of.

I am a firm believer that dogs are people on the inside...

Rex is the weird one that doesn't get invited anywhere.


My friend Rachel, has a dog named Avery. Avery is the independent female leader of a doggy gang, the confident, happening bitch that other lady dogs want to be. Think Dalia in Suburgatory but with a much better personality.


Avery's sister, Charlie, is the pretty blonde that always gets hit on.


And their friend, Ron--Christy's dog--is the tiny badass with little-man-syndrome that talks a lot and rode into town with his Harley Davidson chain collar.


That exercise may have been a little over the top, but that's okay.

Last thing...if you don't believe that dogs have personalities, just read Marley and Me or The Art of Racing in the Rain. You'll definitely believe me after that. Yes, I may have gotten a little off topic with those book plugs, but back to the point.

Beer is good.


Intellectual, stimulating conversation after drinking a few beers is great.


And my dog is crazy...


All in all...The Lucky Dog Bark and Brew is a cool place with a great business concept. At a place like that, all things are PAWS-ible. ;) Corny, right? But I bet you smiled!

2 comments:

  1. Dang Rex! You'd better learn to behave or you'll never get invited to a party! (Love, Aunt Cindy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I'm done with him, he'll be high on peace, love, harmony, and prozac and will love EVERYONE.

    ReplyDelete