Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Appalachian Brewing Company

You don't have to convince me to go to a restaurant called Appalachian Brewing Company, especially when it has items on the menu like the Water Gap Wheat Ale, the Thru-Hiker's Chicken Sandwich, and the Switchback Burger.  How could a weekend warrior--like myself--possibly resist? 

The Water Gap Wheat Ale was the recommended beer for my chosen entree: no-filler crab cakes, creamy mashed potatoes, and a flavorful vegetable medley.  I also had one tequila lime wing.  The other eleven belonged to my father, who managed to scarf down the Firejumper Burger, as well.

Our evening at ABC was an excellent evening out.  So excellent, in fact, that I decided to write a review about it on Trip Advisor.  So excellent, even, that my dad and I stopped there for dinner on the way to Philly and on the way home--sitting outside on the patio during both stops. 

This was our view:


On the return trip to Appalachian Brewing Company, I was again a happy camper.  Hah, get it?  I got a diet root beer sweetened with Stevia and honey.  And for my meal, I ate (err devoured) spinach, artichoke, and crab dip served with celery sticks, carrot sticks, and pita chips for dipping.  I didn't need anything for dipping, though, I probably would have eaten the dip with a spoon.  Scratch that, my hands.

Needless to say, I'm a big fan of the Appalachian Brewing Company and the Pennsylvania franchise's namesake.  


No comments:

Post a Comment