Saturday, October 27, 2012

Moonshine Tasting

I tried moonshine for the first time on my 23rd birthday, and I wasn't a fan. It was plain moonshine. Like you'd have plain cheesecake except it wasn't as good as cheesecake. Not nearly as good as cheesecake, so I figured I wouldn't ever try moonshine again.

Then I went to Gatlinburg, TN with Brad, his sister, and her boyfriend. And a Southern man in coveralls with dollar bills stuffed in the middle pocket served us twelve different kinds of moonshine. I can't remember them all, but I do remember my Top 3.
  1. Raspberry
  2. Apple Pie
  3. Blackberry

Sunday Funday back at the beautiful log cabin we were staying at was out of the question. Gatlinburg is dry on Sundays. How this place got around the whole tasting thing, I do not know, but buying an over-21 souvenir was strictly forbidden. Mega lame if you ask me, but I'll look on the bright side..saved me an awful morning after.

No comments:

Post a Comment